I cooked the following receipe for a dinner (2 servings).. And my friend called it 'good food' ;)
Smothered Pork Chops
- 1/3 onion, chopped
- 1 cloves crushed garlic
- 2 (3/4 inch) thick pork chops (very lean, firm, with grayish pink color - tenderloins)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/9 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 (14.5 ounce) can fat-free chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon browning sauce (Kitchen Bouquet)
- Saute onion and garlic in a non-stick skillet coated with vegetable spray until tender.
- Season the chops with seasoning salt and pepper.
- Add pork chops, and brown on both sides. Add water, and bring to a boil.
- Whisk together, flour, chicken broth, and browning sauce until smooth.
- Add to skillet, stirring well.
- Cover and cook over low heat 30 to 45 minutes or until tender.
Garlic Mashed Potaoes
- 1/4 pkg. Ore Ida Mashed Potatoes
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 Tbls. butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt & pepper to taste
- Place milk, butter, garlic, salt,and pepper in a microwave-safe dish.
- Microwave on high for 2 1/2 minutes. Mix in Ore Ida potatoes.
- Microwave for a few minutes (say 2-4 minutes).
- Halfway through cooking, mix potatoes with an electric mixer until creamy and smooth.
- Serve in microwave-safe dish or transfer to decorative dish.
- Garlic flavor will be stonger if prepared several hours before serving.
- For a nice touch, place mashed potatoes under broiler to brown top layer
- 1/2 tb Butter
- 1 c Shredded cabbage
- 1 tb Water
- 1/8 ts Salt
- 1/16 ts Pepper
- Coat cabbage with melted butter in skillet.
- Add water, salt and pepper.
- Simmer, covered, until cabbage is tender, about 8 minutes.